Black Friday – What to Buy and What to Avoid
It’s hard to believe it’s that time of year again. With Thanksgiving in less than a week and Christmas a little over a month away, it’s time to start thinking about gifts for friends and family. I haven’t started shopping yet and I’m curious where I can really get the most bang for my buck. Here is a list of products that are good to buy on Black Friday and “deals” that are not worth it.
- Tablets – Apple Products are actually best to get on Amazon or MacMall
- TVS – not top of the line
- Video games
- Kitchen Gear – both small and large appliances
- Toys – Walmart, Target, ToysRUs
- Designer Duds – High-end department store outlets (look online!)
What not to get on Black Friday
- Perishable Goods – like chocolate and flowers. As you might be able to guess, they’re not going to last till Christmas.
- Top of the line TVs – You’re better off waiting till the New Year to purchase one of these bad boys.
- Air plane tickets – Again, better off waiting till January to invest in travel.
- Snow gear – Prices get slashed, sometimes in half, in the New Year. So if you can hold off on getting that new coat or boots, you’ll be doing yourself a huge favor.
- Christmas Decorations – Like any other holiday in the year, decorations typically go on sale after the holiday has passed. Bright side – if you get decorations this year and then forget about them, it will be a pleasant surprise next year!
- Gift cards – While there will be some deals on these during Black Friday, it’s actually better to wait till December. Some retailers and restaurants will offer free gift cards with a minimum purchase.
- Gaming & High End Laptops – These are better to get in July and September
- Unnecessary items – It can be so enticing to buy a product if it’s on super sale. HOWEVER, if it’s something that you or a loved one doesn’t need or use, then it’s more a waste of money. Make sure you’re spending your hard earned money on practical gifts that won’t go to waste.